How Do I Start My Own Small Group?
After praying about it, start by asking a few of your friends about the possibility. Perhaps you could have a brief "What if...?" meeting over coffee. Ask the group:
- What would we want to accomplish with our group? What would be our objectives?
- How often could we meet? Should we meet?
- How many of those meetings should be discussion of the materials and sharing, and how many should be more fellowship and socializing?
- What book should we start with?
- (We recommend starting with some core material, like Why Catholic? or Rediscover Catholcism. For more information about options for reading materials, go to "Recommended Small Group Reading Materials" on the left side of this page.)
Then put it to prayer again, and hold your first meeting!
If you need help or have questions, ask some of the leaders of the other St. Raphael's Small Groups. Or call Jim Hauskey att
, or e-mail Jim at